Bringing kids together with similar backgrounds to experience a positive and encouraging environment.
Everyone in our mentoring program is encouraged to attend this monthly support group, which focuses on biblical principles for personal growth. In this group, youth receive a healthy lunch (prepared by Lunches of Love), a message of hope and encouragement, and an opportunity to talk among peers about the issues they experience.
- Break the cycle of crime within families
- Re-establish, strengthen and maintain the emotional connection between parent and child.
- Increase positive parental involvement in their children’s education, behavior and well-being at home, in school and in the community
- Reduce the rate of recidivism
- Decrease the chances of self-destructive behavior
- Improve relationships between youth, parent and caregiver
- Improve school attendance and academic achievement
- Improve behavior in the home, school and community
Making a Difference
…in the lives of children of prisoners
- 94 % have shown notable academic improvement.
- 96 % of the children and teens stay in school.
- 96 % have demonstrated good behavior in school.
- 96 % of kids mentored by Parenting With Purpose remain crime-free.
- 100% of the children and teens are able to remain in contact with their incarcerated or released parent.
… in the lives of incarcerated parents
- 81% of the parenting program graduates are more involved in their children’s school while incarcerated.
- 86 % of the released parents remain crime-free.
- 85 % of the incarcerated parents served rated themselves higher in their parenting skills after they completed the parenting classes.
- 91 % of the families involved in the mentoring program showed improvement in their family relationships.
- 100 % of the parents released acquired a job or schooling.
- 100 % of the released parents acquired safe housing.